Sunday, August 9, 2009

Library2Play: Thing #23 Summarize Your Thoughts about This Program

Thing #23 Summarize Your Thoughts about This Program:
#1 It was all discovery for me. The embedded videos are favorites, especially the ones "In Plain English" and Teacher-tube. I have downloaded a few to use at school. The On-Line Productivity Tools, especially Google-Docs will be useful. I have joined Facebook, Social Follow and several RSS feeds, have an alert on Social Worker news, two blogs and a Wiki. Wow...this is progress!
#2 "23 Things" has met a goal to update my technology skills: a life-long journey. The tools are advancing so quickly, it is hard to keep up. The skills seemingly so routine to many, have challenged me at every step. Thank you for this opportunity to learn about "23 Things". I will stay on the journey.
#3 Unexpected outcomes are still being discovered. Technology can help me work more efficiently if I let it. I have been introduced to "23 Things" now I need to use them. The difference is now I want to.
#4 Attending the four scheduled meetings would have helped me immensely as I am a "hands on" learner and started out without this support. A team captain helped me when I stumbled over my blog address (thanks Vaughn!). I will ask for more help in the future.
#5 I would like to take this class over and attend the scheduled meetings with guided help to move through the "23 Things". I was not successful in completing all the tasks; tried and wonder what I did wrong but had to move on. An hour or two goes by fast through discovery.
#6 Challenging/overwhelming at times. I have much to continue learning! Thanks for this opportunity to see how much technology I could use if I "just get out there".
#7 I am very impressed with the blogs of my colleagues.How easily they can use the "things" and incorporate them into their teaching. Reading them helped me continue. (Thank you followers: L'l Bit and Rosemary!)

3 comments:

  1. From the looks of your blog, I would consider your adventure pretty successful. I think you really did and learned more than you are giving yourself credit for. Come by and we will figure out where oyu stumbled on your photostory...it really isn't hard, just a little confusing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for completion cb! I was getting worried about you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, I did not know you were doing 23 things. Looks like you did it just in time like I did.

    ReplyDelete